Salesforce World Tour 2019 Review with Jason Pereira & Alex Martin | E66
A review of Salesforce World Tour Toronto.
In this 66th episode of Fintech Impact, Jason Pereira, award-winning financial planner, university lecturer, writer, and host conducts a review of his experience at the Salesforce World Tour Conference in Toronto along with his colleague Alex Martin, a financial advisor with IPC Securities, Vice President at Craig & Taylor Associates, and a Founding Partner with Jason Pereira at Finally Technology.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
● 00:49: – Alex Martin introduces himself
● 02:01: – What is Salesforce
● 06:13: – Salesforce puts out multiple iterations on a yearly basis
● 07:05: – What is the importance of being able to build your own APIs on top of
pre-existing software for businesses
● 09:23: – Alex discusses Salesforce’s Customer 360 platform for taking servers
into one place
● 12:08: – Deduplication is a problem that people deal with in legacy systems
● 13:03: – What is Alex’s take on Salesforce’s Einstein Voice
● 16:26: – They discuss the concept of ‘next best action’
● 19:07: – What is Salesforce's Quip platform capable of
● 21:37: – How is the Salesforce training program Trailhead extremely useful
● 26:35: – Salesforce empowers a company’s employees with the ability to self-learn
3 Key Points:
1. Salesforce is a development platform for everything from data services and A.I.
platforms, to sales service, marketing, and commerce.
2. Salesforce has different pieces called clouds for things such as service, marketing,
3. Quip is Salesforce’s collaborative platform that is like Slack meets Google Docs.
- “Salesforce was the first CRM (Customer Relations Management software) to be
100% developed for the web.’” – Alex Martin.
- “We need to pull all this data into one place, or at least have one central piece that is
going to be able to mine all this data and talk to it and understand it.” – Alex Martin.
- “The difference in Einstein (Voice) from other A.I.’s is the fact that it is really
supposed to be the piece that makes your data actionable.” – Alex Martin.
● Facebook – @Fintech_Impact
● LinkedIn – Jason Pereira
● LinkedIn - Alex Martin