Mobile Assistant with Corey Westphal (CEO) | E83
Enabling better meeting notes through transcription.
In this 83rd episode of Fintech Impact, Jason Pereira, award-winning financial planner, university lecturer, writer, and host interviews Corey Westphal, CEO at Mobile Assistant. Mobile Assistant is an app that enables financial advisors to dictate notes for transcription and later for integration with CRM software. Corey discusses the process of the user experience for Mobile Assisted customers, how Mobile Assistant manages to provide accuracy for their dictation, the various range of templates that are possible, and the feedback that Mobile Assistant has received from advisors.
● 00:43: – Corey Westphal defines Mobile Assistant.
● 02:47: – What does the user experience of the process look like?
● 06:01: – Corey discusses compliance, CRMs, and the ability to design templates.
● 07:58: – Has he had any conversations around templating and machine learning?
● 09:45: – Does Mobile Assistant utilize AI?
● 11:15: – Technology for dictation may be used to a degree but there will always be a need for the human component for incredible accuracy.
● 12:26: – What type of turnaround time does Mobile Assistant offer?
● 14:12: – What are the different methods of delivery?
● 17:17: – Has there been any pushback for confidentiality and security issues?
● 19:47: – Do clients request the actual recording itself?
● 20:40: – What kind of feedback has Mobile Assistant been getting?
● 26:16: – What would Corey Westphal change in his business or in his industry?
● 29:39: – What has been the biggest challenge in his business?
● 31:45: – What is the most exciting thing Corey Westphal is working on?
3 Key Points
1. Mobile Assistant doesn’t utilize any AI in their platform yet.
2. The email delivery that they start with is done through a TLS encryption protocol so the dictation is secure and accurate.
3. If you wait even an hour after a meeting to dictate notes, 2⁄3 of your short-term memory is gone.
● “Mobile Assistant is designed to provide financial advisors primarily an easy, accurate way of documenting their client meetings.” – Corey Westphal
● “Instead of just hitting the record button, speaking, and free-form dictating your notes. Now you will be able to go into ‘The Assistant’ and be able to pick a template.” – Corey Westphal
● “We promise 8 business hours turnaround time. We operate at more like 4-5 business hours.” – Corey Westphal
● Facebook – Jason Pereira’s
● LinkedIn – Jason Pereira’s ● FintechImpact.co – Website
● Linkedin –CoreyWestphal
● Mobileassistant.us – Website