Breathe Life with Ian Jeffrey (CEO) | E62
Enabling direct to consumer and advisor driven insurance sales.
In this 62nd episode of Fintech Impact, Jason Pereira, award-winning financial planner, university lecturer, writer, and host conducts an interview with Ian Jeffery, CEO and Co-Founder of Breathe Life, a software service platform that drives traffic to insurance carriers websites and advisors. Ian also shares how Breathe Life helps to complete direct-to-consumer sales of life insurance policies and how he addresses the advice gap in the insurance industry.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
● 00:42: – How can Breathe Life benefit the industry
● 03:14: – What made Ian get into this business
● 06:42: – What does Breath Life do for clients
● 10:08: – How does Breathe Life address the advice gap
● 13:41: – Breathe Life works through MGAs and carriers, not through advisors
● 14:08: – What is an example of a carrier they have worked with
● 15:42: – What is some of the stuff they are learning from the analytics
● 18:51: – How has the feedback been on Breathe Life so far
● 24:00: – If Ian had one wish for his business, what would it be
● 24:38: – What has been the biggest challenge the company has had
● 25:56: – What energizes Ian to keep going
3 Key Points:
1. Breathe Life has two paths: the advisor path and the organization path.
2. Breathe Life prospects people for their clients based on keyword selection and
3. Develop your own deep niches.
- “70% of our sales on the direct-to-consumer platform are on mobile.” – Ian Jeffery.
- “Every advisor can have their own personally-brand page.” – Ian Jeffery.
- “Technology should be an enabler of what this industry has been doing, not a
disrupter.” – Ian Jeffery.
● Fintech Impact – Jason Pereira’s Facebook
● LinkedIn – Jason Pereira’s
● LinkedIn - Ian Jeffrey
● @ianmtl – Twitter for Ian Jeffrey
● BreatheLife.com – Website for Breathe Life