Tools For An Efficient Advisor Office with Jason Pereira (Host) | EP22
Recorded at the Wealth Professional Summit on Technology & Leadership.
In this 22th episode of Fintech Impact, Jason Pereira shares a recording of his presentation at the Wealth Professional Summit on Leadership and Technology that occurred on May 30th, 2018 in Toronto at The Westin Harbour Castle. Jason’s discussion covers a series of tech tools that are of use to financial planners and advisors.
● 01:06: – Technology Tools for Practice Management and Efficiency is the name of Jason Pereira’s talk.
● 01:42: – A trend in the Fintech space is Application Programming Interface (API) that allows systems to communicate with each other like Facebook to Google.
● 02:51: – Zapier focuses on creating APIs.
● 03:50: – Canadian-based Hootsuite allows you to preprogram social media content and does his podcast for under $100 per episode.
● 06:34: – ScheduleOnce allows people to see your availability for meetings and request a meeting and SalesForce.com for CRM and data platform.
● 08:53: – Ring Central is a voice over internet protocol company that will allow you to have a standardized phone system but also allows you to call from your work number from anywhere.
● 12:02: – Woodgate Financial at IPC Investment Corporation sends clients 4 things: 1.) Invoice, 2.) Access to a personal financial management platform 3.) Online Questionnaire 4.) Risk-assessment Question
● 13:15: – Fathom is a reporting and visualization tool that produces stunning reports for business profitability.
● 14:00: – Honest is a personal financial management platform that does data aggregation, relationship tracking, data vault, and secure communication channel.
● 15:40: – Precise FP is an online questionnaire and is a FinaMetrica risk-tolerance questionnaire.
● 18:15: – Finally Technology is a company Jason and his partner launched to solved Fintech Technology problems, including a CRA data-scraping tools for SalesForce.
● 21:44: – Jason created an Insurance Needs Assessment Tools spreadsheet.
● 24:41: – Last Pass is a password management system to place all your passwords in a digital locker.
● 27:19: – Google Authenticator is is a software token that implements two-step verification options.
● 28:29: – Slack is for collaboration and SalesForce chat for chatting through SalesForce.com.
● 31:00: – The future of financial planning is letting AI handle client data points and focus on human relationships and needs.
● 35:34: – Where are you feeling pain?
3 Key Points:
1. Ring Central is a voice over internet protocol company that will allow you to have a standardized phone system but also allows you to call from your work number from anywhere.
2. Woodgate Financial at IPC Investment Corporation sends clients 4 things: 1.) Invoice, 2.) Access to a financial management platform 3.) Online Questionnaire 4.) Risk-assessment Question.
3. Fintech Technology problems, including a CRA data-scraping tools for SalesForce.
- “So you know how we talk about goals-based planning in this industry? Guess what, we can actually have goals-based reporting for the first time.” – Jason Pereira.
- “The invoice I send them (clients), it’s actually done through our accounting system Zero. Zero is a cloud-based accounting system, that frankly is a million times better than anything I have ever used before.”– Jason Pereira.
- “The reality is that data rights are one of the biggest contentious issues in the world right now.”– Jason Pereira.
● Facebook – Jason Pereira’s Facebook
● LinkedIn – Jason Pereira’s LinkedIn
● https://www.finally.technology/ – Website for Finally Technology