One Ledger with Othalia Doe Bruce (Public Relations Officer) | EP21
Creatign an API for different Blockchains to communicate, and blockchain education.
During the 21th episode of Fintech Impact, Jason Pereira interviews Othalia Doe-Bruce, the Public Relations Officer for One Ledger, that creates an API level so that blockchains can communicate with each other. The discussion revolves around what One Ledger has to offer, how it is being funded, and the Blockchain Hub education group.
● 01:24: – One Ledger technology is trying to resolve the issues related to blockchains not being able to communicate with one another.
● 02:29: – Othalia has been working in the investment management field for over a decade and became interested in blockchain and Bitcoin.
● 03:22: – One Ledger was founded by David Cao, an engineer-architect from China.
● 04:06: – The benefit of interoperability between blockchain networks is being able to pick and choose between the different features that each may have.
● 08:25: – Polymath is a partner of One Ledger and one of the biggest VCs in Asia has already invested in the company.
● 12:11: – One Ledger isn’t currently monetizing, but it plans to do so in the future.
● 13:25: – One Ledger is planning to do an ICO and have already begun preselling and will offer the ICO publically in the near future.
● 16:30: – They are targeting B2B and clients that can help them monetize the platform after the ICO.
● 18:27: – The challenge for One Ledger has been finding blockchain developer talent.
● 19:41: – Blockchain Hub at York University provides a plethora of adaptive courses to meet the current needs of the industry.
● 22:44: – One of the most prominent consulting groups for blockchain in the United States is students at Berkley.
3 Key Points:
1. Polymath is a partner of One Ledger and one of the biggest VCs in Asia has already invested in the company.
2. One Ledger will be a decentralized platform, and essentially, it will belong to the token holders and the community.
3. One Ledger is targeting B2Band clients that can help them monetize the platform after the ICO.
- “For One Ledger, we have…as a partner Polymath, another type of blockchain platform. And what Polymath is trying to do is facilitate the issuing of securitized tokens.” – Othalia Doe-Bruce
- “The beauty of blockchain is that it is a decentralized platform, right, so One Ledger will be a decentralized platform, and essentially, it will belong to the token holders and the community.” – Othalia Doe-Bruce
- “Blockchain Hub is a non-profit organization affiliated with York University, and that’s primarily education and then research and commercialization of blockchain start-ups.” – Othalia Doe-Bruce
● Facebook – Jason Pereira’s Facebook
● LinkedIn – Jason Pereira’s LinkedIn
● Twitter – Twitter for Othalia Doe-Bruce
● One Ledger – Website for One Ledger