Collage with Peter Demangos (Co-Founder)| EP16
An HR and benefits integration platofrm partnering with advisors.
This is the 16th episode of the Fintech Impact podcast, and Jason Pereira interviews Peter Demangos, the Co-Founder of Collage, a human resources benefits technology platform that works in tandem with broker partners. Peter explains how Collage was created, the ways in which it is pushing technology in the financial advisement and human resources spaces, forward, and the ways they plan to scale.
● 01:06 – Collage aims to assist mid-sized companies in Canada with 200 employees or less, but the average tends to be 20-100 employees.
● 02:28 – Peter’s original passion began with health and wellness at the corporate level that led him to the benefits space.
● 03:18 – PDF Employee Benefits that focuses on health and dental is a company that Peter started and which he still runs today.
● 08:09 – Collage works with all of the insurance companies across Canada.
● 11:21 – The Collage team has been complimentary with each partner bringing vital skills to the table. Fund-raising, hiring and figuring out the right process were extensive and intensive procedures.
● 15:11 – The reaction from advisors in the benefits space was a lot of questions, but also a lot of support.
● 23:39 – Collage is between 30-35 employees now, with their headquarters in Toronto and a support and sales team in Montreal.
● 25:50 – There are about 20,000 employees on the platform, the average customer is around 40-50 employees.
● 26:41 – The more noise in the space is bitter-sweet. Customers realize they need to take action and competitors add clutter for customers to sift through.
● 28:10 – Peter is excited about advisors that don’t add value phasing out and seeing the ample opportunities to assist the strong and committed advisors.
3 Key Points:
1. Collage solves all of the HR, payroll, benefit, and administrative related tasks for small to id-sized businesses.
2. Collage is between 30-35 employees now, with their headquarters in Toronto and a support and sales team in Montreal.
3. There are about 20,000 employees on the platform, the average customer is around 40-50 employees.
- “Collage is an all-in-one HR platform built specifically for the mid-sized market in
Canada. For us, mid-sized means 200 employees and below.” – Peter Demangos.
- “The reality is the more noise breaks the feeling of customers, now they recognize
that they need to do something about their HR. ” – Peter Demangos.
- “I’m very proud of the advisory space that we have in Canada, and the relationships
and the trust that exists between clients and the advisor.” – Peter Demangos.
● LinkedIn – Jason Pereira’s LinkedIn
● Facebook – Jason Pereira’s Facebook
● Woodgate Financial – Website for Woodgate Financial
● LinkedIn – Peter Demangos’s LinkedIn page
● Collage – Website for Collage