Advicent with Anthony Stich (COO)| EP18
The worlds most used financial planning software.
This is the 18th episode of the Fintech Impact podcast, and Jason Pereira interviews Anthony Stich, the Chief Operating Officer of Advicent, the largest provider of financial software in the world. Anthony shares information reguarding Advicent’s product line which includes NaviPlan, the power of their advancements and influence, and the ways in which they are able to service their clients.
● 01:06 – Advicent is the financial software developer that created NaviPlan. They are in seven countries and on four continents. They also have client portals, advisor dashboard, and API technology.
● 01:31 – They have about 100 enterprise clients, about 60 of which are blue chip clients, and service about 100,000 users.
● 02:03 – Advicent’s roots trace back to 1969 by Gus Hansch, a CFP referred to as “The Father of Financial Planning.”
● 03:18 – Anthony Stich began with Advicent, which is a name comprised of advice + enterprise, four years ago, and his career began in marketing first.
● 04:25 – NaviPlan, by user counts, and adoption rates, is the biggest financial planning software in the world with a cash flow first priority.
● 06:56 – NaviPlan’s average enterprise contract length is between 10-12 years.
● 10:30 – NaviPlan is highly customizable thanks to building their portal on top of APIs.
● 14:08 – Figlo is Advicent’s European tool, available in five countries, with an office in Rotterdam outside of Amsterdam. Figlo used the APIs first.
● 15:51 – Adviser Briefcase is their marketing and communication engine that has about 700 documents that have been reviewed by FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority).
● 17:01 – As far as integration, Advicent is enterprise-first with back offices with all the core processors of the top five custodians.
● 23:35 – Advicent has about 300 team members, most are in Milwaukee Wisconsin, the Fintech capital of the world. There are also members in Toronto, Winnipeg, about 50 in Rotterdam, and scattered throughout the United States.
● 30:36 – The mission state at Advicent is to enable everyone to understand and impact their financial future, and it is about the end client.
3 Key Points:
1. Advicent has about 100 enterprise clients, about 60 of which are blue chip
clients, and service about 100,000 users.
2. NaviPlan’s average enterprise contract length is between 10-12 years.
3. Advicent has about 300 team members, most are in Milwaukee Wisconsin,
the Fintech capital of the world, the rest in here are also members in Toronto,
Winnipeg, Rotterdam, and throughout the United States.
- “We’ve built a portal on top of APIs. What we’ve done is decoupled the user experience from those engines itself. And by doing so, we’re allowing larger enterprises and institutions the ability to use that API within their ecosystem.” – Anthony Stich.
- “We’ve given them the keys to the kingdom. We have unlocked the powerful calculations of NaviPlan, and allowed people to access them and put them wherever they so choose” – Anthony Stich.
- “Not only are we thought leaders in consulting our partners through these regulatory challenges, we are also developing in advance.” – Anthony Stich.
● LinkedIn – Jason Pereira’s LinkedIn
● Facebook – Jason Pereira’s Facebook
● Woodgate Financial – Website for Woodgate Financial
● LinkedIn – Anthony Stich’s LinkedIn
● Advicent – Website for Advicent